Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Best Science Fiction Books Of All Time,,,,001



scififantasybook.com

I was looking for half of these books. Being misplaced when starting a book of this kind of genre is best scifi fantasy audiobooks common and should not be a source of discouragement. Hard science fiction and soft science fiction.

Ender's game is where he best demonstrates his abilities, there he does not speak of an indeterminate future, where hegemony rules the Earth and has a military unit called the International Fleet (F.I.), in charge of defense against extraterrestrial beings. Today, we may read this book with other eyes, since almost 120 years later, we are no longer impressed by a simple Martian invasion. I am crazy about books.

Note of 6/23/2010: This note originally appeared on April 10, 2008 and now contains, thanks to the suggestions of many people, much more than 20 books. They are preceded only by a note on how and why I selected the texts I recommend ... And this cover of Science Wonder Stories, one of the pioneering science fiction magazines in the United States, illustrated by Frank R. Paul. I must begin with a clarification: although many of my favorite readings of children and adolescents were science fiction texts, I believe that this, now (in the early 21st century), is a current in crisis and, I suspect, virtually exhausted, without many possibilities of renewal.

On the one hand, a lot of familiar themes, icons and common places (robots, spaceships, mutants, etc.) that can be used and reused without having to reinvent them, and a series of futures that even in their most terrible versions have become mythical, oblivious to historical time. Looking for some complementary reading on these issues, I found this text by Julián Díez, very focused on Spanish science fiction in its last part but with many observations that seem most lucid to me. I have not included any author whom I know personally, and there is, of course, not a single "bad but popular" "bad but easy" book.

Sales (be high low) have nothing to do with the good workmanship of the texts, so that there are the same well-known books below and others that are not so good. Forget, again, of the film (s): the book is a "scientific explanation" of a classic figure of horror literature, but above all a great parable about the "other", the alien being to us that defines us (in which we can become). Books like this are proof that a writer can simply write what he wants without thinking about what labels he is going to put in, and in doing so he can make his work resonate with readers in the most unexpected ways.

Sheckley is a great satirist, and uses science fiction to laugh at our weaknesses and our nonsense, sometimes openly and sometimes subtly. The book I have chosen, an edition of the old Bruguera, must be able to find other titles: the central texts are a space opera, "The Last Castle", and a police intrigue in another world, "The Lunar Butterfly." 9. The best of Latin American science fiction, anthology of Bernard Goorden and A. E. Vogt.

The clear things: you put a book by Robert Silverberg on your list, I make tantrum, lollipop and mimiqui ... As I said above, the idea of ​​the list was not to be exhaustive, but thinking about the question I propose this for you and all the other readers of this note: if you miss a book, why not use this comment space to recommend it? Now, the new generations may prefer other books, I don't know, and as they say in my town: in mothers tastes are broken ...

If anyone wants these (and other) Silverberg books in words pdf version, let me know and I will gladly bring them to the comfort of their homes. Hi Ricardo, I have read little science fiction but I was conquered by what you say about Selverberg. But I take your challenge of citing at least 5 novels that can be read and enjoyed by anyone, no matter how far away from the friqui militancy:

I will see what books I have and possibly I will take the word Ricardo. It's funny, I've always considered myself a voracious reader, but I haven't read any of the proposed novels; although I have the Bioy Casares top sci fi audiobooks home, and Ubik is something that has been buzzing in my ears recently. Toy trying to find a note in which they make a count of Chilean science fiction writers, give me a few days to see if I can locate it.

Perhaps he would add some novels like "The Man in the Castle" by Phillip K. Dick; "Make room, make room!" By Harry Harrison; and "Metropolis" by Thea von Harbou. Orwell's 1984 could good sci fi audiobooks enter the genre is, rather, political fiction (political satire, allegory, and all those words that define it)? And as for graphic novels, I liked The Caste of Metabarons.

I do not know if what Alberto says about the exhaustion of the CF is due in large part to the fact that scientific subjects that looked like fantasies have come true, even the possibility of time travel with superstring theory and the search for theory that can reconcile Einstein's Theory of Relativity with that of the quantum mechanics of Böhr, Heisenberg, Planck, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment